Save the Dandenongs League

The League began in 1950 when residents and non-residents of the Ranges were drawn together by the efforts of Miss Moon, John Turner and Cr Leane of Ferntree Gully to express their united concern about sub-division unplanned urban development across the Ranges unregulated activities of public and semi-public bodies such as the State Electricity Commission and the Country Roads Board. The League has met regularly since then and been active in engaging the Federal, State and local spheres of government to ensure that policy that affects the Dandenongs furthers the objectives of the league.